Taco Salad with Avocado
This healthy version of tacos can be enjoyed by every member of your family…mine ask for it often! You can’t go wrong with lean grass-fed protein from beef and turkey; an abundance of nutrients and antioxidants from the greens and veggies; and essential healthy fats and fibre from the avocado. Wow, this is one meal that will leave you Nourished! I have also included a homemade recipe for Taco seasoning, which is a perfect way to leave behind the processed chemicals and just use real food I make a jar full and keep it on hand, ready to use. Enjoy!
- 1 lb ea Grass-fed lean ground Beef & Extra lean ground Turkey
- ½ diced Red Pepper
- ½ diced small Onion
- 3 tbsp Taco Seasoning (recipe here)
- 8 c Organic Spring Mix or Combo of Romaine & Spinach
- 1 c Organic Salsa
- 1 Avocado sliced
- ½ c Fresh Cilantro (optional)
- Quepasa Corn chips
- Brown Beef and Turkey until cooked.
- Add pepper, onion and taco seasoning during the last 5 min of cooking.
- Place beef mixture on top of salad; top with salsa and avocado slices.
- Garnish with Corn chips and cilantro. This is not a gourmet meal...but one your kids and family will enjoy!