Slow Cooker Oatmeal, gluten free
Waking up to healthy oatmeal feels like you have a personal chef, better yet, if someone makes your coffee too This fibre filled breakfast will keep you full, and adding protein from milk or nuts can help sustain your energy all morning. How great is that! We can also sneak in some healthy fats, some iron and Vit C…that’s even better!
Adapted from The Yummy Life
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, cut into bite size pieces
- 1½ c organic milk* (or substitute almond milk)
- 1½ c water
- 1 c oats pure, gluten free (Bob's Red Mill)
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp butter*, cut into 5-6 pieces (optional)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- Optional garnishes: chipped walnuts or pecans, raisins, additional milk
- *all Milk and butter is grass-fed and organic.
- Coat inside of 3-1/2 quart (or larger) slow cooker with butter* or cocnut butter.
- Add all ingredients (except optional toppings) to slow cooker.
- Stir, cover, and cook on low for approx. 7 hours (slow cooker times can vary).
- Spoon oatmeal into bowls; add optional toppings.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator.
- Recipe can be doubled in 6-quart or larger slow cooker. Increase cooking time 1 hour.