Roasted Veggie Wrap
When I know this yummy lunch is coming my way, my mouth is watering way before lunch time! Root Vegetables are known for their high fibre, vitamin C, beta-carotene, potassium and magnesium. As well, they are a great complex carb, that will keep your energy and blood sugar stable. When this is made with a whole grain tortilla and dark green leafy greens, you have yourself one amazing meal! If I know I’m eating these healthy carbs for lunch, I will balance this with a protein shake for breakfast (filled with beautiful berries of course!)
Enough chatter, here’s how I make it.
- 1 c Roasted Veggies (leftover), such as sweet potato, yam, red peppers, zucchini, carrots. Cooked in coconut oil and spices (rosemary, thyme, sage, Celtic sea salt and pepper)
- ½ c Salad Greens
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette (recipe here)
- 3 tbsp plain Goat Cheese (optional)
- 1 whole grain tortilla. Substitute: Food for Life Brown Rice Tortilla for Gluten Free option.
- Reheat veggies in oven.
- Spread dijon and goat cheese on tortilla.
- Top with salad greens, add vinaigrette.
- Place veggies on top of greens and wrap. Enjoy!