Green Bean and Sweet Potato Salad
This Salad is another nutrient powerhouse. It feels so good to pack this many beneficial nutrients into one meal. You have healthy omega 3‘s, plenty of phytonutrient, antioxidants and fibre; all potent disease fighters! Not to mention the abundance of vitamins and minerals such as beta-carotene, vitamins C, B, K and minerals such as iron, manganese and calcium.
Adapted from The Pig and Quil
- 4 sweet potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 2 bunches green beans
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts
- 4 cups of Spring Mix
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp dijon
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Coat sweet potatoes with cinnomon, oil, cumin, and sea salt.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes until lightly brown.
- Allow sweet potatoes to cool slightly.
- Steam Green beans for 1-2 minutes or until beans are bright green.
- Remove and immediately plunge into ice water to stop cooking.
- Cut beans in half lengthwise, set aside.
- Whisk cider vinegar, maple syrup and Dijon, and salt and pepper.
- Slowly whisk in olive oil until thickened.
- Combine spinach, sweet potatoes, beans, cranberries and walnuts in a large serving bowl.
- Toss with dressing to coat and taste. Enjoy!